- hand embroidered by Bedouin women refugees
- cotton tote bag holds a large volume of items
- folds down extra small and flat when not in use
- perfect for Farmers Market finds, a day at the water, or to keep handy for when you unexpectedly need a little more space to catch all your things
- patterns vary slightly as each piece is a unique creation!
- 2 sizes: approximately 13" x 15" or 15" x 19"
Meet the Artisans
The Bedouin people are some of the most vulnerable people in the world. Many are living in makeshift refugee tent villages, completely outside human rights protections and the law. Bedouin refugees live in some of the poorest conditions in Israel, deprived of basic rights, including the right to water, shelter and education. They live with the constant threat of eviction and home demolitions, under enormously stressful conditions that have a serious effect on their health and well-being.
Through your fair trade purchase of their gorgeous hand embroidery work, you provide much needed stability in the form of safe, living wage pay. Additionally, when the women, moms, aunts, sisters of the community are learning, working, and coming together, the whole group begins to thrive!
You provide a hand up for many when you shop with compassion!
Just 2 easy steps . . .
- click here to add gift wrapping for $2.
- if desired, enter a personal gift note in the "notes to seller" section at checkout
- kick back and relax because you're not wandering the aisles or standing in a post office line!
We've got you covered, friends: we'll wrap and ship all your gifts for you. Just like the big free shipper, only small business + ethical!
Send beautiful, unique gifts right to the recipients doorstep! Check out our other gifts and shop for all your gift needs here at Do Good Shop. We'll wrap and ship all the gifts for you!
*Please make a new order for any gifts going to different addresses.
Your purchase of this quality, one-of-a-kind gift empowers survivors of oppression through ethical, living wage artisan employment.
With every order you fight against . . .
- sex trafficking
- modern day slavery
Learn more about the purpose, mission, and vision of this social justice, 501c3 nonprofit marketplace here: Do Good Shop.