- small sterling silver round filigree earrings
- 3/4 inch drop, lightweight
- intricate and gorgeous filigree style
- unique ornate edging and miniature silver bead drop detail
- beautifully handmade 3/4 inch filigree disc
- made in Nepal
Who made this?
The Shakya family has been creating beautiful jewelry throughout Nepal, India and Tibet for generations. Now all sons live and work in their ancestral home in the Kathmandu Valley. As with previous generations, the father taught his sons traditional jewelry making skills. Recognizing that producing jewelry only for retailers provided limited economic opportunities, he also trained one son in business. In 1977 the sons opened their own shop. At this time, they produced all the jewelry themselves. However, as the business grew, they invited other Buddhist Newari families to work with them. Fourteen families now have a consistent income as a result of their involvement. Your purchase truly makes a difference!
Read more about our partner artisans and the impact of your purchase here.
Just 2 easy steps . . .
- click here to add gift wrapping for $2.
- if desired, enter a personal gift note in the "notes to seller" section at checkout
- kick back and relax because you're not wandering the aisles or standing in a post office line!
We've got you covered, friends: we'll wrap and ship all your gifts for you. Just like the big free shipper, only small business + ethical!
Send beautiful, unique gifts right to the recipients doorstep! Check out our other gifts and shop for all your gift needs here at Do Good Shop. We'll wrap and ship all the gifts for you!
*Please make a new order for any gifts going to different addresses.
Your purchase of this quality, one-of-a-kind gift empowers survivors of oppression through ethical, living wage artisan employment.
With every order you fight against . . .
- sex trafficking
- modern day slavery
Learn more about the purpose, mission, and vision of this social justice, 501c3 nonprofit marketplace here: Do Good Shop.