I M P A C T + C U L T U R E
The Maasai tribe of Africa is well known for its traditional handmade bead jewelry. Beadwork has been an important part of Maasai culture for many years.
The beadwork an individual wears will signify their age and social status. Generally individuals of high social standing will wear more colorful and intricate jewelry. Beads also serve as an important source of income for the Maasai.
Now made all over Kenya, Uganda, and more African countries, our jewelry helps street kids to learn a traditional art form, create, and have a hand up to break the chain of homelessness and poverty. Read more about the impact of your purchase and the artisans who made this jewelry.
D E T A I L S
- multiple bead strands that gradually increase in length, creating a layered, cascading look
- closes with a loop and ball, made of beads for seamless connection
- materials used: Maasai beads, nylon stringing line, some have clasps/hooks
- size: shortest bead strand to the longest layer = approximately 2"
- full length range from 19" to 22"
- choose a color family, then enjoy the surprise of your unique creation
- No two are just alike!
S H O P T H E C H A N G E
Your purchase empowers people in need with a hand up via safe, living wage employment.
Shop the change you wish to see in the world; browse the Do Good Shop collection here.
Just 2 easy steps . . .
click here to add gift wrapping for $2.
- if desired, enter a personal gift note in the "notes to seller" section at checkout
- kick back and relax because you're not wandering the aisles or standing in a post office line!
We've got you covered, friends: we'll wrap and ship all your gifts for you. Just like the big free shipper, only small business + ethical!
Send beautiful, unique gifts right to the recipients doorstep! Check out our other gifts and shop for all your gift needs here at Do Good Shop. We'll wrap and ship all the gifts for you!
*Please make a new order for any gifts going to different addresses.
Your purchase of this quality, one-of-a-kind gift empowers survivors of oppression through ethical, living wage artisan employment.
With every order you fight against . . .
- sex trafficking
- modern day slavery
Learn more about the purpose, mission, and vision of this social justice, 501c3 nonprofit marketplace here: Do Good Shop.